Thursday, May 10, 2007

kicking off the summer

Its been quite warm laterly - not as warm as where I used to live, but warm in Canadian standards. This is a good thing, since I am sick of the cold. At least the heat cannot get painful, while the winter can with your ears and fingers feeling like they will fall off or break. In the summer, no matter how hot it may get, I have never had that feeling.

Im done all six courses in my Masters program now, and just have the project to finnish. Now I need to continue what I put hold last summer, finding a job! Its not easy I tell you, especially for an international student. So far my plan is to find a job first for September and work on my research project while working full-time for technology services on campus.

I'll be developing a web portal in PHP and MySQL for student computing on campus. These are the people that manage the computer labs. This is now my fourth year with them, which gives me plenty of experience of what the web portal should be capable of doing. As a software engineering graduate and the lead developer, I plan on following software development guidelines to allow future teams to easily improve upon the portal - something the current portal lacks big time! It is going well so far, and the project is underway.

As for the research project, I am working on an OpenGL visualizer for my supervisor. He needs it to debug and check whether his algorithm is doing what it is supposed to do. This too will be an interesting project.

It looks like a very busy summer with these projects, and the fact that I need to find a job as well. By the way, if you are aware of someone looking for someone with a masters in computational engineering, and a bachelors in software engineering and management, please let me know!

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment